How do I place an order?
Here’s a step-by-step guide on placing your order online with www.maryjaneexpress.org
- Locate the products you are interested in ordering.
- Click on the desired product(s), choose your quantity then click “Add to Cart”
- When you have all your products in your shopping cart, and are ready to Checkout, click on the shopping cart icon (top-right of your screen) and you will be redirected to the View Cart page.
- Check to see if everything looks right, if you have a coupon code, enter the code and click Apply Coupon. When you’re ready, click on the green Proceed to Checkout button.
- In the Checkout page, you will need to login with your email address and password. If this is your first time registering with us, you will need to provide your email and choose a password and an account will be set up for you.
- Once you’ve filled in all the required fields, you’ll need to accept the Terms and Conditions (located on the bottom of the page) then click “Place Order”.
- On the Checkout Confirmation page, you will see your order number and instructions on sending an Interac E-transfer. Orders only ship after E-transfer has been received.
- Once we collect your E-Transfer, your order will be processed and will ship same day if order is made by 1PM PST otherwise your order will be shipped the following business day. We’ll email your Xpresspost tracking number as soon as available.
How will my order be packaged?
Your order will be discreetly packaged and vacuum-sealed to protect and maintain your privacy. We ship using Xpresspost mailers or nondescript boxes with no indication of what is inside.
When will my order ship?
Orders made before 1PM PST on working business days will be shipped same day. Orders are always sent via Xpresspost via Canada Post and delivery time is 2-3 business days. The first business day that is counted is the day after it has been dropped off at the post office.
Ie. Orders made on Monday before cut off will be shipped that day, but won’t begin their track of 2-3 business days until the next day, Tuesday. This means your package will arrive Thursday or Friday.
We don’t ship on weekends or on statutory holidays.
Exceptions apply to certain rural areas based on geographical location and environmental factors such as weather will sometimes delay packages.
How much does it cost to ship my package and is my package guaranteed?
$20 – XpressPost – Canada Post Xpress 2-3 business days to most parts of Canada. Free for orders over $150 after applicable promo codes.
Your delivery is 100% guaranteed to arrive at your door, including Canada Post errors, packages being seized and just being outright lost. (exceptions are for residents of Nunavut, Northern Quebec or if you provide an inaccurate/incomplete address. We also don’t guarantee a package from mail theft. If you feel like you may be susceptible to mail theft, we offer sign on delivery for free, this means your package needs to be signed for by a resident of the address otherwise your package will be brought back to the closest post office for you to pick up)
Do you ship outside of Canada?
Unfortunately, we do not ship outside of Canada.
I've sent my E-transfer. What next?
Once you’ve sent your E-transfer, it could take up to 40 minutes for us to receive an email notifying us of your payment. Your E-transfer will be pending until we collect the E-transfer (when we process your order). If your payment is made by 1PM PST we will have your item packaged and shipped the same day.
What will happen to my order if I don't submit payment?
Once you’ve placed your order, the next step in the process will be to submit an Interac E-transfer. Your order will be kept On Hold till we receive your E-transfer. If we do not receive your payment within 2 days, your order will be canceled.
Decriminalization of Cannabis
A Canadian government commission called the Le Dain Commission meant to investigate the dangers of difference substances, and in 1972 have found that Cannabis should be decriminalized. Unfortunatley the government had ignored this commission. By the early 90’s and ‘00s, researchers have publicized the medical benefits and allowing a more permission attitude towards marijuana.
Full legalization is still an ongoing process. The medicinal use of cannabis is legal in a number of countries, including Canada, the Czech Republic and Israel. Medical cannabis in the United States is legal in 29 states as of December 2016.
Sensible Cannabis Use
Like any medicine, cannabis can be misused. Excessive or inappropriate use can contribute to problems including sleepiness, overeating, and time management issues. Due to the political climate surrounding cannabis use research, clinical studies have produced widely conflicting conclusions about the true benefits and potential side effects of cannabis use. Always listen to the advice of your doctor and use good judgment when using medical cannabis. These guidelines help identify ways of using medical cannabis in a positive way.
- Adults should use cannabis as part of a healthy, balanced, and responsible lifestyle.
- The decision to use cannabis should be made freely, and not as a result of social pressure.
- Cannabis users should be well informed about its effects on themselves and others. These effects include both legal and health risks and personal consequences.
- Never use cannabis as an excuse for antisocial or irresponsible behavior.
- Cannabis users should model and reward responsible use, particularly with new users.
- Develop sensible cannabis use limits for your self-based on personal, health, situational, and cultural factors. It is important to be objective about your personal cannabis use and listen to the constructive advice of others.
- Avoid cannabis use that puts you or others at risk, such as when driving, at work, or in public places. Remember, personal use of cannabis is still illegal under federal law, and penalties are stiff.
- Use of cannabis by children is inappropriate and should be discouraged.
- Cannabis use should contribute to, rather than detract from, a patient’s health, well-being, creativity, work, relationships, and social obligations.
Methods of Consumption
Medical Cannabis can be ingested in many different ways. Effects may vary slightly with different methods of consumption. The length of time it takes for the medicine to take effect, and the length of time that the medicine remains effective, can vary greatly with different methods of consumption.
What is the most effective use of cannabis as alternative medicine?
While many patients have their preference when it comes to how they take marijuana, studies show that the most effective way to treat serious conditions is to take cannabis oil by placing it directly under your tongue or on the inside of your cheek.
For pain relief, many agree that smoking through a vaporizer provides the fastest relief. Cannabis edibles are also another viable option for alternative and holistic medicine uses.
Where should I store my medical marijuana?
You should store marijuana in a air tight container with humidity control packs such as boost integra or boveda. Keep your container in a cool and dark place and keep it out of reach of children.
What is the difference between Indica, Sativa and Hybrid strains?
Sativa plants have a higher THC content to Cannabidiol (CBD) ratio which generally leads to energetic uplifting moods. These strains are often used to elevate depressed states. Primarily, Sativa strains effects are more felt on the mind and less the body allowing one to be more functional during the day. Users of this strain will feel more stimulating, uplifting effects as well as enhanced creativity. As a result, Sativa strains are recommended for illnesses of a psychological nature and daytime use. Benefits include:
- Reduction in depression
- Headache/Migraine relief
- Energy & Alertness
- Reduction of pain awareness
- Increase in focus and creativity
- Nausea reduction
Indica plants have a higher CBD to THC radio and this induces a more physical relaxed state. These strains are most often used for the treatment of anxiety, pain and appetite issues. These effects are predominately physical and are characterized as relaxing, sedating and pain reducing. These strains are best used in the evenings as they generally relax us and help us sleep. Benefits include:
- Reduction in pain
- Muscle spasm relief/Muscle relaxant
- Reduced inflammation
- Sleep aid
- Reduction in anxiety & stress
- Nausea reduction
- Intraocular pressure relief
- Anti-convulsing agent/Seizure frequency reduction
Hybrid cannabis strains provide the best of both worlds. Expert breeders select the top Sativa and Indica strains and combine them into a brand new strain that maintains the best aspects from both parents. Hybrids can be Sativa or Indica dominant and have the effects to match.